Saturday, 31 August 2013

Summer school task 2

How did I find the summer school?
I think this is perfect for anyone who has idea's about starting a business. I don't think it's so good for anyone who doesn't have a clue about business like me! There were a few terms I didn't understand when I was filling out the business canvas so I had to do alot of googling, but if you're business forward and have knowledge I think this is perfect. I really liked this summer school because I learnt alot of basic things about business, I don't think the work is too demanding, It is a decent amount of work and I think doing a business plan is a great idea.

What did I learn?
I learnt the meaning of enterprise, entrepreneurship and intrapeneurship! I also learnt the meanings of terms such as revenue stream, economics of scale, economics of scope and so on. I learnt there are alot of factors to consider when putting a business together, however it can be quite simple if planned well and considering all these aspects such as customer relations and channels etc. I learnt you don't need a degree and have to be highly intellectual to participate in business you just need a good idea and the skills to carry it out.  

Business plan review
I tried to include as much information as possible without having to go into too much detail, it's hard to explain briefly the world of black natural hair care. From doing my business plan I've started to think about starting my business, I might not start a base from London but my home in Kent. Writing my business plan made me see it's actually feasible and I've started to take some measures on my blog, I'm trying to gather some famous natural hair bloggers to film a mini series about natural hair, hopefully this will generate some buzz. I think I need to get my head around costing a bit more, but my business is small and simple so it shouldn't be hard to work out profit and cost etc. I found the business plan a bit hard because I had never done one before, the canvas and tutorial were useful, but if there was a model business plan i could have looked at for an example that would have really helped so I just filled it out explaining my business as best as I could.

Final thoughts
I think something that would help this course could maybe be a list including some business terms, including the ones on the canvas. The first task was really good for beginners in business it was very easy to follow so was the second task but the business task was a bit difficult, I think I was just a bit overwhelmed and expected it to be very difficult. I would recommend this course to my friends if they wanted to dip their toes into business to find out what it's about, and if they had any ideas about starting a business doing a business plan on this course is a good for them to get a jist of what they are capable of.

No comments:

Post a Comment