So i sort of included some of the things i was supposed to include in my reflective blog in the video above but ill answer again anyway :).
what I've learnt
I learnt the difference between enterprise and entrepreneurship. Originally I thought enterprise was just another fancy word for business, but now I know it's just a fancy word for a package of ambition confidence creativity and developing your ideas! I learnt you can make a business out of ANYTHING, even if it sounds silly, when i read about how the post it note was invented it sounded so small and simple, but look how much its developed into something that's a stationary staple. Going back to enterprise, I learnt whether your business is successful or not is not just dependable on if the product is invest able but if you as person is investable, your character is also important!
How enterprising am I?
I think I'm really enterprising. I wouldn't call myself an academic, I'm more creative. I think I have a skill that appeals to other people which would be doing peoples hair, African natural hairdressing to precise. I never thought I could make a business out of hairdressing, just because in the African community it's more of a cultural issue, hair is a BIG deal and there are some people who are amazing at it. African natural hair in itself is a huge industry. I've started a blog about it, but it also includes fashion, but the point of the blog was about how to care for natural hair, protective styling reviews etc. I didn't know you could make money from blogging! Whenever I'm in London so many black women ask me about my hair, if I will do theirs, how I care for it etc, I thought I might aswell make a blog where people can read about it! I've only been doing it for a month, my main hindrance is a camera, once I have one, I hope it takes off. Eventually I hope I can become a well known 'natural hair guru' as they're called on youtube!
Do I have entrepreneurial aspirations?
I pretty much answered this question above. I want to be a Japanese translator, but on the side I would like to be a natural hair youtube guru and successful blogger. I never thought I'd say that, it sounds so strange but plausible since social media is so predominant these days. So many strangers have given me encouragement and honestly from doing this summer school I've decided my blog is definitely something I want to try and make it a success.
My thoughts on enterprise since doing this course
In regards to the exact definition my thoughts have changed! I know this sounds silly but I didn't know your character and skills such as confidence and negotiation was something you needed to work on. I know you needed these skills but I thought the product and your idea being perfect was the main point. I guess if you showed up to a meeting with your shirt hanging out and not completely sure about your product even though its great, you're not going to get far.
No comments:
Post a Comment